I owe you guys an explanatation. So, as you all know, I’m back from Georgia. I came back on Monday. That’s the good news.
The bad news is that for a brief while it appears I don’t have internet connection. This post is being done from my local library. So, yeah… This news is kind of upsetting since I intended to have a new HMWYBS video up last night for y’all (thankfully, I’m not missing any schedule – Nathaniel R. announced Chicken Run won’t be due until next Wed., but I had a different movie I was really excited to pick a Best Shot from).
Anyway, here’s the deal – I’m not going to halt what I’m doing. I’ve taken enough breaks and I am halfway down the fucking year. I still have a lot of what I want to do. I was ready to premiere other videos (including two for EACH SEASON OF TWIN PEAKS as per my Lynch retrospective). So, this is going to be a re-statement of objective and principles and hopes for what I want to do with this coming month until I get internet relatively soon and can actually post those videos and continue with the Movie Motorbreath Breath podcast (the My Neighbor Totoro episode will be up tomorrow). I’ll mostly be doing this by typing the reviews up each night and passing by the library every day to post them. It’ll be a hassle, but it’ll be worth it.
Anyway, just to recap on the things I’ve been trying to hit:
- I’m at the finish line for Marvel Cinematic Universe work. I have to do Age of Ultron and Ant-Man and I’m done.
- David Lynch… *sigh* has proven to be a bit more overwhelming to me than I thought. How Joel Bocko at Lost in the Movies (thedancingimage.blogspot.com) has been able to deliver all the time on his Lynch fangasming, I have no clue. He is the man. So, for David Lynch, I will try to hit up some of his short film work and I’ll definitely deliver the Twin Peaks video and I will ESPECIALLY make due on a dare some friends gave me late last year – But I honestly think if I want to come out of this clean on top of everything else I’m doing in my life and on Motorbreath, I’m going to be primarily focused on his feature works: That leaves me with Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, Lost Highway, The Straight Story, Mulholland Dr., and Inland Empire. Still a lot, but very doable, especially since I’ve already seen them all.
- Mad Max: Fury Road is my favorite film of the year so far and I’m very excited for the The Look of Silence, so in addition to those two reviews, I will be delivering on The Act of Killing and the other three movies of the Mad Max franchise. Fuck with me.
- I want to do all of the Number One Box Office Films in the US. I’ve already done most of them, but the amount of movies I have left is in the teens, plus some franchise work I will still have to do. So far it’s
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Taken 3
- American Sniper
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Furious 7
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Pitch Perfect 2
- San Andreas
- Jurassic World
- Inside Out
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation
5. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there but at least EVERY 2015 Best Picture Nominee. Odin, do I hate myself.
6. I’m also really excited for Knight of Cups, so I’m THINKING about doing a monthly Malick retrospective (this month would require I do Badlands and Days of Heaven to catch up). Thinking, though. Not only would it be more on my cup but… it’s Terrence Malick. He doesn’t have a lot of movies but they’re dense as fuck and it’d be a bitch to talk about.
7. I have a friend that I’m thinking about adding on to hit up and review on Motorbreath the rest of the major 2015 US releases since I don’t think I’ll be able to catch up at all with them. I haven’t approached him yet (I’m still thinking on it), but just seeing if that could possibly help.
And that’s about it. Godspeed, Motobreath. Godspeed. Let’s do this.